Applications to the refugee scholarship programme at Universidade Católica Portuguesa are open until February 29, 2024. This programme is intended for students in a humanitarian emergency, with documentation proving the situation.
Under the programme, 14 vacancies will be open for bachelor's and master's degree programmes in Lisboa, Porto, Braga and Viseu, with exemption of tuition fees.
One of the beneficiaries of this initiative is Elizabeth Anuoluwapo Odutolu, a student at the Institute of Management and Health Organisations at Católica Viseu. She believes that "university education plays a crucial role in shaping individuals' knowledge, skills, and personal development by providing "a platform for intellectual growth, critical thinking, and the acquisition of specialized knowledge in a particular field of study".
On the importance of this programme, the management student adds that "Universidade Católica plays a vital role in shaping the future of its students, nurturing their intellectual curiosity, and preparing them to contribute to society".
To apply for this programme, applicants should follow the following steps:
- Check the list of degrees with vacancies in this programme;
- Learn more about the bachelor and master programmes of the Universidade Católica Portuguesa to choose the one for which they will apply;
- Prepare the following documents:
- Document that proves the situation of humanitarian emergency;
- Identification document;
- Certificate of completion of secondary education and final exams, translated into Portuguese or English;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Motivation Letter in Portuguese or English;
- If you have already attended higher education: certificate of course units taken, translated into Portuguese and English.
- The application should be made by February 29, through the links below:
The results of the applications will be announced on April 11.
This programme is part of the national effort to welcome and integrate refugees and of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) proposed by the United Nations. The Refugee Student Support Initiative has been recognised as a Good Practice by the Global Compact on Refugees.
Apply for your future at Católica!